|“||By developing a firing mechanism capable of projecting machined shards of the alien alloy, we've created an extremely powerful weapon that has devastating effect on anything caught in range. However, accuracy falls off quickly over greater distances.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown, all difficulties:||XCOM: Enemy Within, Classic & Impossible difficulties:|
|“||▪ The most advanced version of the shotgun that XCOM can engineer
▪ Like all shotgun variants, has a high base chance to cause critical hits but limited range
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- The Alloy Cannon's Critical Damage is incorrectly listed as 14-16 in XCOM: Enemy Within.
- Highly efficient and deadly primary weapon, best suited for close combat.
- Great at taking out Sectopods in combination with the Run & Gun and Rapid Fire abilities.
- Despite the weapon's glowing outlines being orange, the soldier wielding it still gets the green patches characteristic of plasma weapons on their armor.
- Unlike the Shotgun and the Scatter Laser, the Alloy Cannon doesn't have a flashlight mounted at the front end.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|