Beam Weapons, or Laser Weapons, are advanced weapons manufactured by human paramilitary organizations actively engaged in counter-extraterrestrial warfare. They are developed from attempts to reverse-engineer remnants of alien plasma weapons as said weapons self-destruct upon their assigned wielders' deaths.
|Weapon||Range||Base Dmg||Crit Dmg||Crit %|
|Heavy Laser||Medium||5 - 7||9 - 10||0%|
|Laser Pistol||Medium||1 - 3||3 - 4||10%|
|Laser Rifle||Medium||4 - 6||7 - 9||10%|
|Laser Sniper Rifle||Long||5 - 7||9 - 10||30%|
|Scatter Laser||Medium||5 - 7||9 - 10||20%|
|Railgun EW||Medium||6 - 8||10 - 12||10%|
- The Railgun does not actually fire/use "lasers" but is equivalent Level 2 technology.
- The Laser Pistol is the only pistol with a base chance to critical hit.
- EXALT also develops laser weapons in XCOM: Enemy Within.
- EXALT laser weapons are functionally identical to their XCOM counterparts despite differences in their appearance.
- EXALT laser weapons are not built from scratch. They appear to reuse the exteriors and interfaces of firearms, but mount the equipment to produce combat laser beams instead.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|