Expert Knowledge is one of five continent bonuses available in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It is unlocked by either placing XCOM headquarters in Europe at the beginning of a new game, or by placing satellites in orbit over all four European countries during the game.
|“||Laboratories and Workshops cost 50% less to build and maintain.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- This bonus is only useful if XCOM plans to invest heavily in Laboratories and Workshops.
- Expert Knowledge can be moderately helpful to acquire early-game engineers since Workshops can be built inexpensively. More engineers means that satellites are cheaper to build, along with items, weapons, and armor.
- The location of the XCOM base in continental Europe corresponds to northern Poland.
- The bonus apparently alludes to Europe being the home of most of the worlds most famous and leading scientists and craftsmen.