Easy | Normal | Classic | Impossible
The Firestorm is an advanced type of Interceptor used by XCOM in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The Firestorm is the product of the reverse-engineering of many of the aliens' UFO technologies and integrating them into a hybrid fighter craft.
|“||I have to admit, my team and I are most proud of the work we put into the Firestorm.||”|
– Dr. Raymond Shen, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|“||The Firestorm is our highly advanced combat aircraft incorporating numerous advances gained from studying the technology found in the alien ships. Power and navigational systems in particular were adapted directly from the alien designs.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Procurement and MaintenanceEdit
Unlike the Raven which is ordered from the Hangar, the Firestorm must be produced in Engineering. Each Firestorm produced is automatically based in XCOM's home continent, meaning there must be room in the Hangar and it may need to be transferred to another continent after construction.
Production Time: 14 Days
Maintenance Cost: §10 per month (§5 with the Air and Space bonus).
|“||▪ Hybrid of alien and terrestrial technologies|
▪ Alien alloy-based airframe and adapted energy shielding let the Firestorm absorb dramatically more punishment than its predecessor
▪ With upgraded armament, can engage even the most dangerous enemy craft
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- Firestorms have a high build cost, but their monthly maintenance is half that of a Raven. Over a long campaign, they may even pay themselves back in spared credits.