|“||This grenade-style weapon emits a disorienting flash of light accompanying sounds. Any enemy that can see the blast will be disoriented, suffering severe penalties to Aim and movement. Robotic and psionic enemies are immune.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Within
Production Time: Immediate
- 5 Engineers
- Enemy units inside the blast radius suffer significant Aim and movement penalties during their next turn.
- Robotic and advanced psionic enemies are immune.
- Disorients enemies for a penalty of -50 Aim and -50% Movement for 2 turns.
- Useful to weaken the chances of being hit by enemies on Overwatch or to soften up an alien for a stun attempt with the Arc Thrower.
- The psionic foes immune to this grenade are Ethereal, Uber Ethereal, and Sectoid Commander. Psionically gifted soldiers under the effects of Mind Control are equally immune.
- Although the grenade's description suggests that its effects are based on line-of-sight, it only affects enemies within its area-of-effect marker. Likewise, the grenade still has full effect even if it detonates behind an enemy as long as it's within its radius; it does not need to explode in front of an alien's eyes (or equivalent sensory organs).
- Like the Smoke Grenade, using a Flashbang Grenade while cloaked or concealed will not disable the thrower's invisibility. This can be particularly useful in disabling enemies such as Mutons and Muton Elites before following up with other attacks.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|