The Flashbang Grenade is a utility item in XCOM 2.
|“||The Flashbang Grenade disrupts and disorients enemies in a very large radius, inflicting significant offensive penalties.||”|
- Removes Overwatch from enemies.
- Kills Psi-reanimated corpses if used on the caster animating them. Releases friendly mind-controlled soldiers if caster is in blast radius and affected by it. Any Chosen (in WOTC) is immune to flash bang grenades.
- Grenadier's Volatile Mix adds 2 damage to the grenade
- Flashbangs apply the Disoriented debuff to any enemy units caught in the blast radius.
- Prevents use of most special abilities - Stun Lancers will not use their blades, Officers will not use grenades, Mutons cannot even counter-attack in melee, if Disoriented. Psionic aliens cannot use any Psi during Disorientation either, resorting to using their primary weapon for the duration. Also, a disoriented Codex can neither teleport nor clone itself.
- An Andromedon can still use its Acid Bomb even when disoriented
- A Shieldbearer can still use its Energy Shield ability even when disoriented
- An already Disoriented unit that enters Overwatch will not have that Overwatch removed by another Flashbang
- Also causes any friendly soldier caught by a Viper's bind will be released.
- Ineffective on robots (?)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.