In-Game Description[edit | edit source]
|“||The Heavy Plasma rifle uses an expanded power supply and cooling mechanism to allow for a much higher rate of fire than anything we've fielded previously.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Availability[edit | edit source]
The Heavy Plasma becomes available for production in Engineering after completing the Heavy Plasma research. Additionally, after the research, the soldiers can use Heavy Plasmas acquired by capturing live Muton Elites.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown, all difficulties:||XCOM: Enemy Within, Classic & Impossible difficulties:|
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Effective Range: Medium
- Base Damage: 8-10
- Critical Chance: 0%
- Critical Damage: 14-16
Tactical Info[edit | edit source]
|“||▪ Capable of suppressing enemies, if the Heavy has appropriate training
▪ Like all LMG variants, expends ammo quickly
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Muton Elites possess the same weapons, however, unlike humans they wield their Heavy Plasma cannons like Assault Rifles, and fire three concentrated shots at a slow rate, while Heavies fire an eight-shot barrage at around 600 RPM. Presumably this difference is due to the retrofitting of the weapon.
- Despite the item description, visually it does not fire more shots per attack than other LMG variants. It is possible that the point of comparison is not previous LMG variants but instead the Plasma Rifle, which the Heavy Plasma does have a higher rate of fire than.
- The Heavy Plasma does a lot of damage to destructible objects and terrain. A missed shot can destroy cover or valuable resources such as a UFO Power Source, so watch your fire!
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|