|“||The Laser Pistol relies on our latest advancements to provide a more powerful sidearm that does not require reloading in the field.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|“||▪ An improvement on the conventional pistol||”|
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
|Improved Pistol I||+20 Critical Chance||Critical Chance: 30%|
|Improved Pistol II||+10 Aim||Applied to wielder|
|Improved Pistol III||+1 Damage||Base Damage: 2 - 4|
Crit Damage: 4 - 5
- The Laser Pistol's Critical Damage is incorrectly listed as 3-5 in XCOM: Enemy Within.
- The Laser Pistol is especially useful to early game Snipers with the Gunslinger perk, allowing them to move and still one-shot Sectoids and Thin Men while on Overwatch. The total theoretical damage in combination with the Improved Pistol III upgrade is Base 4-6 and Crit 6-8.
- Although it is inferior to the Plasma Pistol, the Laser Pistol is both faster to research and cheaper to produce.
- The Laser Pistol becomes obsolete once you have scavenged or built enough Plasma Pistols to equip your entire squad.
- The Laser Pistol is the only pistol with a base critical hit chance before Improved Pistol I. It is always 10% higher than the Pistol and Plasma Pistol, both before and after the upgrade.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|