|“||The Laser Assault Rifle relies on our latest in optics technology to offer a substantial increase in output over the conventional X-9 rifle.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|Base Damage||Crit Damage||Crit Chance||Range|
|4 - 6||8 - 10||10%||Medium|
|“||An improved version of the assault rifle||”|
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- The Laser Rifle is a useful stopgap until plasma weapons are available.
- Although it is inferior to the Light Plasma Rifle, the Laser Rifle is both faster to research and cheaper to produce.
- The Laser Rifle becomes obsolete once you have scavenged or built enough Light Plasma Rifles to equip your entire squad.
- While the listed Critical Damage in XCOM: Enemy Within is listed as 8-10, the actual values remain 7-9 due to a game bug.
- Curiously, the EXALT Laser Rifle retains a detachable magazine of its conventional counterpart. This can be explained by reusing the familiar pattern for detachable batteries - or by the laser actually requiring single-use cartridges (not unlike the original gun), containing power cells and/or expendable laser media. An example of a laser that can operate that way is the deuterium fluoride laser.
- When the Laser Rifle has been researched, a cut scene plays, depicting an XCOM scientist test-firing the weapon at a cardboard cut-out target using the "live Sectoid" image from the original UFO: Enemy Unknown/X-COM: UFO Defense.
- When normally fired, it shoots a single laser beam. When used in Rifle Suppression, it lets numerous brief bursts. These are likely low-power blasts just powerful enough to keep the enemy at bay.
- Unlike the other laser weapons, which have a grey paint, the Laser Rifle has a white paintcoat.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.