|“||This lightweight rifle functions on the same principle as our other plasma weapon concepts - a jet of ionized gas discharged through a focused magnetic field. The lightweight frame greatly improves the overall accuracy of the weapon.||”|
The Light Plasma Rifle becomes available for production in Engineering after completing the Light Plasma Rifle research. Additionally, after the research, the soldiers can use Light Plasma Rifles acquired by capturing live aliens, in particular Thin Men, Floaters, and Outsiders. Mutons will use these weapons during the first month they are encountered (afterwards they will use Plasma Rifles).
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown, all difficulties:||XCOM: Enemy Within, Classic & Impossible difficulties:|
|“||▪ A lower damage variant of the Plasma Rifle
▪ Carries a +10 Aim bonus
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- The Light Plasma Rifle's Critical Damage is incorrectly listed as 8-10 in XCOM: Enemy Within.
- Does the same amount of damage as a Laser Rifle.
- When combined with a S.C.O.P.E., this weapon can be fantastic for a build focused on concentrated fire.
- By mid-game, this is probably the best weapon to arm your Rookies with, as the Aim bonus is very helpful to offset their low base Aim. Even in the hands of your veteran troopers, the Aim bonus essentially gives them a free S.C.O.P.E. without equipping it, and an even greater bonus if they have one.
- The lower damage isn't as important against weaker enemies, and having a majority of troops equipped with it gives a higher chance of eradicating more trivial enemies. This is especially valuable on Council and anti-EXALT missions, especially the former as a Light Plasma Rifle shot that connects with a Thin Man is a guaranteed kill on any difficulty below Impossible.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|