The Minigun the default weapon for MECs, and as a conventional weapon, it is available in unlimited supply.
- Only equipped by MEC Troopers
- Risk of catastrophic overheating precludes suppression with this weapon
- The Minigun's Critical Damage is incorrectly listed as 8-10 in-game.
- The claim regarding overheating making it unsuitable for suppression is unusual, as the multiple barrel rotary block design is favored specifically because each barrel fires fewer rounds for a similar or higher total rate of fire than a conventional system, reducing heat build-up. A better alternative reason would have stated that the high cyclic rate of fire means that ammunition consumption is too high for delivering prolonged suppression fire.
- This is not to be confused with the Minigun used by the S.H.I.V., which is actually slightly more powerful than the larger version used by the MEC Trooper, and, even stranger, is capable of providing suppression fire.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|