|“||The Council report indicates that a team of combat engineers led by one Sergeant Carlock has discovered environmental contamination caused by the aliens. He's going to need an EVAC near the other end of that pier. As always, we should eliminate any resistance encountered along the way.||”|
"We've gotten a report that a combat engineer unaffiliated with the XCOM has come under attack while investigating possible alien contamination of a local water supply. We'd like you to retrieve this gentleman in order to find out what he's learned. Central should have our complete briefing by the time our troops reach the site."
The mission takes place in the Pier A map, which consists of the small dock seen in the second demo mission. The squad starts on the pier by the warehouse and must make their way through the various cargo containers to the EVAC zone by the small office building.
- "You're gonna want to get analysts on these reports ASAP. If they hit these targets, we're screwed."
- "They're going after our infrastructure: water treatment, electrical substations, transportation, anything they can do to slow us down."
- "We found some kind of organic material in one of the local reservoirs, who knows what it'll do if people drink that water. Get me out of here in one piece and your people can analyze these samples."
- "You want me?! Come and get it. I'm right here."
- "Once we get these samples back to your people... drinks are on me!"