Plasma Sniper Rifle
|“||By modifying our current power systems to hold a greater charge, we've developed a Plasma Sniper Rifle capable of delivering an extremely powerful shot that will greatly increase the odds of inflicting critical damage to hostile targets.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown, all difficulties:||XCOM: Enemy Within, Classic & Impossible difficulties:|
- Effective Range: Long
- Base Damage: 8-10
- Critical Chance: 35%
- Critical Damage: 14-16
|“||▪ The deadliest sniper rifle XCOM can engineer|
▪ Unlike other weapons, Sniper Rifles are less accurate as the shooter's range to target decreases
▪ Snipers cannot move and fire in the same turn, unless trained appropriately
▪ Consider equipping Snipers with the best pistols XCOM has, so they can fire even when
forced to move
|– Tactical Info, XCOM: Enemy Unknown|
- Sniper rifles generally have the best base chance to cause critical hits.
- The Plasma Sniper Rifle was most likely based on rail-gun technology, as it presumably uses electromagnetic rails (which forms the weapon's "barrel") to supercharge gas particles into plasma and then propel the charge away at great velocity. These three rails extends when a shot is about to be fired.
- This weapon utilizes a rather unusual "scope" attachment: an array of what appears to be hard light lenses extends from the built-in scope when the Sniper takes aim and retracts when not in use.
- As the aliens do not utilize snipers, this is the only plasma weapon which XCOM cannot capture from the aliens and must be produced in Engineering.
- The Plasma Sniper Rifle combines extreme accuracy with lethal damage; as it is often combined with advanced armors such as Ghost Armor or Archangel Armor, and an experienced cadre of Snipers, it is effectively the most powerful weapon in the game, while the low-risk tactics employed by Squadsight Snipers make it worthwhile even when using the "Total Loss" Second Wave option.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Weapons|
|Grenades||Alien Grenade • Flashbang Grenade • Frag Grenade • Gas Grenade • Ghost Grenade • Needle Grenade|
|Heavy||LMG • Heavy Laser • Heavy Plasma|
|Launcher||Rocket Launcher • Blaster Launcher|
|MEC||Minigun • Railgun • Particle Cannon|
|Pistols||Pistol • Laser Pistol • Plasma Pistol|
|Rifles||Assault Rifle • Laser Rifle • Light Plasma Rifle • Plasma Rifle|
|Shotguns||Shotgun • Scatter Laser • Alloy Cannon|
|Sniper||Sniper Rifle • Laser Sniper Rifle • Plasma Sniper Rifle|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.