|“||Confers a second reaction shot, if on Overwatch and the first reaction shot is a hit.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Rapid Reaction is an Overwatch-boosting ability that is entirely reliant on the probability of striking with the first reaction shot.
- Heavies have the lowest Aim statistic out of all the classes (in addition to the Aim penalty for reaction fire).
- S.C.O.P.E. increase the chances of the initial reaction fire to hit (and, if it successfully hits, it will also benefit the second reaction shot).
- Rapid Reaction is effective against melee units that must move toward the player's soldiers before they can attack (and will therefore always trigger reaction fire).
- The LMG (and its higher tech equivalents) have very high ammo consumption; when combined with double reaction shots during Overwatch, this can unexpectedly leave a soldier with an empty weapon at the start of his next turn.
- Ammo Conservation can alleviate this issue.