Resistance Orders are a new strategy layer mechanic introduced in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. Resistance Orders are special passive bonuses from the Resistance Factions that can benefit the player in unique ways. They are able to be used when the Resistance Ring facility is constructed.
Resistance Orders are able to affect a wide variety of things on both the strategy layer and tactical combat layer of the game with effects such as decreasing facility construction time, increasing Intel gains, or providing a bonus soldier on a mission.
Resistance Orders are applied at the start of each month via a special screen that allows them to pick from the available Resistance Orders. Initially, each contacted Resistance Faction provides two Resistance Orders and a single slot available for any Order to activate in. Upgrading the Resistance Ring provides more universally-usable slots (up to 3) while improving Influence with Resistance Factions opens up slots (up to 2 for each faction) for faction-specific Orders.
Resistance Orders cannot be re-chosen until the month ends, where the player is able to switch or add new Orders to fit the situation.
Some Resistance Orders and Continent Bonuses overlap with one another. If a bonus appears as a Continent Bonus, it will not appear as a Resistance Order and vice versa.
List of Resistance Orders Edit
- Main article: Reapers
Reaper Resistance Orders often deal with the stealth and speed of XCOM's working orders. Many of them boost progress, reduce time, and negate risk on certain projects.
- Lightning Strike - Units gain +3 mobility for the first 2 turns of battle while the squad remains concealed.
- Infiltrate - On timed missions, the timer does not begin until the squad has lost concealment.
- Popular Support 1 - Supplies collected from each Supply Drop are increased by 10%.
- Popular Support 2 - Supplies collected from each Supply Drop are increased by 15%.
- Recruiting Centers - New recruits cost only 15 Supplies.
- Munitions Experts - Experimental Ammo projects in the Proving Grounds are completed instantly.
- Scavengers - All resource rewards from scanned Rumors are doubled.
- Live Fire Training - Any recruits training in the GTS will achieve the rank of Sergeant.
- Guardian Angels - Covert Actions will not be ambushed.
- Resistance Rising 1 - +1 Resistance Contact.
- Resistance Rising 2 - +2 Resistance Contacts.
- Volunteer Army - On every mission, there is a chance that a Resistance soldier will join the XCOM squad.
- Rapid Collection - Resistance supply drops are collected instantly.
- Between the Eyes - Any XCOM shot that hits the Lost is an instant headshot kill.
- Ballistics Modelling - The speed of all weapons research is increased by 15%.
- Heavy Equipment - Excavation speed is increased by 50%.
- Resistance Network - Contact with new regions is made instantly.
- Main article: Skirmishers
- Vulture - Enemies drop additional loot items.
- Inside Job I - All Intel rewards increased by 10%.
- Inside Job II - All Intel rewards increased by 15%.
- Under the Table I - The Black Market pays an additional 20% for sold items.
- Under the Table II - The Black Market pays an additional 30% for sold items.
- Quid Pro Quo - Black Market Intel costs are reduced by 33%
- Bomb Squad - Experimental Grenade and Heavy Weapon projects are completed instantly in the Proving Ground.
- Sabotage - Remove one block of Avatar Project progress at the end of each month.
- Decoys and Deceptions - All knowledge gained by the Chosen is reduced by 33%.
- Private Channel - All mission timers are increased by 2 turns.
- Integrated Warfare - All PCS effects are increased.
- Weak Points - Any shredding attack from XCOM does an additional +1 shred to the target.
- Inside Knowledge - The effect of all weapon modifications is increased.
- Double Agent - On every mission, there is a chance an ADVENT unit will join the XCOM squad.
- Impact Modelling - The speed of all armor research is increased by 15%.
- Modular Construction - Facility construction speed is increased by 25%.
- Information War - The Tech defense of all enemies and hack targets is reduced by 20.
- Tactical Analysis - Enemy units lose 1 action on their next turn if discovered on the XCOM turn.
- Main article: Templars
Templar Resistance orders focus on boosting XCOM's abilities on the strategy layer and the speed at which effectiveness is gained for soldiers in the field.
- Noble Cause - Will recovery in all soldiers is 20% faster.
- Suit Up - All armor and vest projects in the Proving Ground are completed instantly.
- Trial by Fire - Double the Ability Points gained in combat.
- Deeper Learning I - Soldier experience gains are increased by 10%.
- Deeper Learning II - Soldier experience gains are increased by 20%.
- Mental Fortitude - All battle madness (panic, berserk, obsessed, shattered) only lasts one turn.
- Vengeance - When a squadmate dies, the entire squad receives random bonuses for 2 turns.
- Stay With Me - Soldiers are much more likely to bleed out rather than die when their health drops to 0.
- Art of War - Ability Points gained by promotion are increased by 25%.
- Bonds of War - Soldier Bonds grow 25% faster.
- Tithe - Resource rewards on all missions are increased by 15%.
- Greater Resolve - Lightly wounded soldiers can be sent into combat.
- Feedback - Psionic attacks on XCOM units deal damage to the caster.
- Pursuit of Knowledge - Laboratory facilities provide an additional 20% boost to research times.
- Hidden Reserves I - Gain an additional +2 power on the Avenger.
- Hidden Reserves II - Gain an additional +3 power on the Avenger.
- Machine Learning - Research breakthroughs are twice as likely to occur.