|“||We can fabricate a module that will automatically detect chemical and physical threats to a soldier's oxygen supply, and deploy uncomfortable but potentially life-saving oxygen tube shunts in a matter of seconds. This module will fit all of XCOM's armor designs.||”|
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Within
Production Time: Immediate
- 5 Engineers
- Confers 2 armor HP
- Provides immunity to poison and strangulation
- Item comparison:
- The Respirator Implant is generally preferred over the Nano-fiber Vest, due to the immunities it provides in addition to an equal HP bonus. However, Nano-fiber Vests cost §20 less to manufacture.
- Chitin Plating also protects against strangulation, provides a superior 4 HP bonus, and reduces melee damage by 50%. However, it does not protect against poison and requires 15 Alloys, 4 Chryssalid corpses, and more than double the credits to manufacture.
- A fully-immune squad can be dangerous:
- If all members are immune to strangulation, Seekers will use their plasma weapon instead. This can deal up to 6 damage, compared to the strangulation's guaranteed 2 damage.
- If all squad members are immune to poison, Thin Men are certain to use their Light Plasma Rifle instead of Poison Spit. This risks a critical hit for up to 10 damage, compared to Poison Spit's guaranteed 3.
|XCOM: Enemy Unknown Armor|
|Body Armor||Archangel Armor • Body Armor • Carapace Armor • Ghost Armor • Psi Armor • Skeleton Suit • Titan Armor|
|Other||Chitin Plating • Nano-Fiber Vest • Respirator Implant|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.