|“|| With the signal monitored by a team of engineers, each Satellite Uplink is capable of receiving transmissions from 2 XCOM satellites.|
Adjacency Bonus: +1 satellite capacity for every two uplinks constructed adjacent to one another.
– Engineering description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
|“||Increasing XCOM's satellite coverage is necessary in order to successfully manage global panic levels. In addition, countries monitored by satellites will provide increased funding. Each Satellite Uplink facility within XCOM is capable of supporting two satellites. Satellite Uplink facilities, as well as the satellites themselves, can be constructed in Engineering. Satellites are then launched via the Situation Room.||”|
– XCOM Database, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Time to Build: 14 Days (7 days with Advanced Construction)
- 5 Power
- +10 Engineers for each preexisting uplink and +15 for each preexisting Satellite Nexus
- §150 (§100 in XCOM: Enemy Within)
Facility Maintenance: §15 per month
- You start the game with a single Satellite Uplink already built.
- In comparison, the other uplink facility, the Satellite Nexus, is capable of receiving transmissions from four XCOM satellites, instead of two.
- If you wish to place the maximum number of satellites (16), the most efficient placement you can have is placing two Satellite Nexuses and two Satellite Uplinks in a square shape. This gives you 12 satellites from the facilities, and four from the adjacency bonuses, a total of 16.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.