We Have Ways is one of five continent bonuses available in XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It is unlocked by either placing XCOM headquarters in South America at the beginning of a new game, or by placing satellites in orbit over both South American countries during the game.
|“||Autopsies and Interrogations are completed instantly.||”|
– In-Game Description, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- We Have Ways allows for faster research of alien specimens, both dead and alive. It is most rewarding if XCOM focuses on capturing as many species as possible.
- Getting full satellite coverage in South America in the early game is more useful with XCOM: Enemy Within, since autopsies are necessary for most Gene Mods.
- Late-game, this bonus offers less benefit due to higher numbers of scientists on staff, and fewer remaining alien species to research. It provides no benefit once there is nothing left to apply it to.
- As South America is the only continent to be represented by only two countries, Brazil and Argentina, We Have Ways is the easiest continent bonus to obtain.
- The bonus' name originates from a cliché phrase used during interrogation scenes in works of fiction, "We have ways of making you talk."
- The bonus apparently alludes to the unscrupulous use of torture by many infamous US-supported South American dictatorships.