|“||Move fast or die slow.||”|
Zephyr is an agent in XCOM: Chimera Squad.
Officially “created” in 2021 per ADVENT records, Zephyr served as a loyal, mind-controlled ADVENT soldier until she was mentally liberated by a resistance faction, the Skirmishers. She joined the cause of her saviors and fought alongside XCOM until the war’s end.
Zephyr is a living weapon and one of Chimera Squad’s most brutal melee combatants. She can pummel enemies with brute force, parry incoming damage, then vanish across the battlefield with her blink-and-you-miss-it mobility.
Zephyr does not carry a firearm and instead relies entirely on melee attacks.
|Cadet||Crippling Blow||Zephyr punches an enemy and inflicts one of several status effects. The effect is either disarm, disorient, stun, or root. This attack cannot miss and will trigger Momentum.|
|Cadet||Fearless Advance||Zephyr blitzes toward an enemy and melee attacks them after the breach. This will position Zephyr near the enemy. If the enemy was alert, their alert breach action is cancelled.|
|Cadet||Momentum||Zephyr is immune to root and gains an additional move action after using Crippling Blow.|
|Deputy Agent||Parry||The extra action from Momentum can be spent to prevent damage from the next attack instead of moving.|
|Field Agent||Lockdown||Zephyr attacks any enemy that enters or attacks from melee range.|
|Field Agent||Pressure Point||Melee attacks that would deal lethal damage will instead render enemies unconscious. Melee attacks do +1 damage. Replaces subdue.|
|Special Agent||Crowd Control||Zephyr quickly darts around and attacks every nearby enemy before returning to her original position. Two turn cooldown.|
|Senior Agent||Moving Target||Momentum is also triggered by Subdue and Crowd Control, and Zephyr does not trigger overwatch or reaction fire.|
|Senior Agent||Vital Strike||Melee attacks will ignore armor.|
|Principal Agent||Reaper||Zephyr enters Reaper Mode. With Reaper active, downing enemies with melee attacks grants an extra action. Each subsequent melee attack has reduced damage. Four turn cooldown.|
|Cadet||Basic Conditioning||2||+2 Hit Points|
|Special Agent||Unlock Potential||3||+2 Mobility|
|Principal Agent||High Impact||5||Crowd Control will apply a random debuff to each target. Potential outcomes include Disarmed, Rooted, and Disoriented.|
- Unlike every other Agent, Zephyr has no weapon upgrades nor can her weapon be improved or replaced.
- Crippling Blow does 3-4 damage by default. This increases to 4-5 once Zephyr reaches Special Agent rank. The damage of attacks made with Lockdown and Crowd Control does not increase in this way.
- While it is not in the description, Moving Target also makes Zephyr immune to Root (caused by Ronins and Cobras).
- While Crippling Blow cannot miss, Lockdown doesn't have a 100% hit chance and can miss.
- While Lockdown requires an enemy to attack from melee range, it does not require the enemy to make a melee attack. Ranged attacks made against Zephyr or another target will trigger the ability.
- Lockdown will also trigger If a creature is moved into Zephyr's range by an ability such as Torque's Tongue Pull or Shelter's Relocate.
- Crippling Blow's Stun chance is much lower than the other debuffs and it occurs far less often.
- Fearless Advance breach action happens after Aggressive enemies have taken their shots. It does 3 damage, and does not apply any debuffs that Crippling Blow can.
- Against robotic enemies Crippling Blow can apply Shutdown.
- As of the current patch, Crowd Control applies debuffs even without the Hard Target training.